Welcome to the EdTheory web site. Following are the rules that govern our site.
EdTheory WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON FOR LOSS OR DAMAGES SUFFERED BY YOU AS A RESULT OF ANY FAILURE OR REFUSAL BY EdTheory IN RECEIVING, PROCESSING OR ACCEPTING ANY COMMUNICATION SENT TO EdTheory BY MEANS OF THE WEB SITE OR EMAIL. IN NO EVENT WILL EdTheory BE LIABLE TO ANY PARTY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR OTHER CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES FOR ANY USE OF THIS WEB SITE, OR ANY OTHER HYPER LINKED WEB SITE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY LOST PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF PROGRAMS OR OTHER DATA ON YOUR INFORMATION HANDLING SYSTEM OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF WE ARE EXPRESSLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. Some states or other jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations and exclusions may not apply to you.
ALL INFORMATION IS PROVIDED BY EdTheory ON AN “AS IS” AND AN “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS ONLY. EdTheory PROVIDES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, MERCHANTABILITY AND NONINFRINGEMENT. EdTheory EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES THAT THE SITE WILL (I) BE UNINTERRUPTED AND SECURE (II) BE ERROR OR VIRUS FREE, AND (III) MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS.
EdTheory makes no representations whatsoever about any other web site which you may access through this one. When you access a non-EdTheory web site, please understand that it is independent from EdTheory and that EdTheory has no control over the content on that web site. In addition, a link to a non-EdTheory web site does not mean that EdTheory endorses or accepts any responsibility for the content, or the use, of such web site. It is up to you to take precautions to ensure that whatever you select for your use is free of such items as viruses, worms, trojan horses and other items of a destructive nature. EdTheory specifically disclaims any responsibility if sites accessed through this one: (i) infringe any third party’s intellectual property rights; (ii) are inaccurate, incomplete or misleading; (iii) are not merchantable or fit for a particular purpose; (iv) do not provide adequate security; (v) contain viruses or other items of a destructive nature; or (vi) are libelous or defamatory.
This EdTheory site and all of its contents including, but not limited to, all text and images and their arrangement (“Content”) are owned and copyrighted by EdTheory or others with all rights reserved unless otherwise noted. Permission to use or copy the Content is granted for personal use only and may not be used for any other purpose, linked with another web site, or edited without the express written consent of EdTheory By furnishing information, EdTheory does not grant any licenses to any copyrights, patents or any other intellectual property rights. You are also advised that EdTheory will aggressively enforce its intellectual property rights to the fullest extent of the law.
EdTheory does not purport to exercise any control over the transmission of e-mailed communication prior to receiving it and you agree that EdTheory shall incur no liability with respect to such transmissions before you send any resume via e-mail to EdTheory. By submitting your information to the site, you grant EdTheory a perpetual, non-exclusive, irrevocable, royalty free, worldwide license and right, but not the obligation, to use, copy, modify, display, distribute, download, store, reproduce and transmit such information.
In connection with your use of the site, you agree you will not post, transmit or upload any material that (i) is unlawful, offensive, defamatory, fraudulent, deceptive, misleading, harmful, harassing or obscene, or (ii) disrupts or interferes with the normal operations of the site such as making an abnormally large posting.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless EdTheory its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors and employees from any liabilities, expenses and costs, including but not limited to legal fees and expenses, incurred in connection with any claims or demands of any third party resulting from or arising out of your use of this site.
This web site contains certain forward-looking statements regarding EdTheory beliefs, goals, anticipated results and expectations which involve risks and uncertainties. Generally, the words “believe,” “expect,” “intend,” “estimate,” “anticipate,” “project,” “will” and similar expressions identify forward-looking statements, which generally are not historical in nature.
Copyright & Disclaimer
Permission to use or copy the materials in this Web site is granted for personal use only and may not be used for any other purpose, linked with another Web site, or edited without the express written consent of EdTheory.
All content on the site, including the job and resume databases, is the sole property of EdTheory, and is protected by U.S. copyright and international treaties. You may not reproduce, modify, display, sell, or distribute the content, or use it in any other way for public or commercial purpose. This includes copying or adapting the HTML code used to generate Web pages on this site.
EdTheory makes no guarantees and assumes no responsibility for the content or conduct of its users, nor for the content and operation of the Web site. Use of this site, reliance upon its content, and interaction with its users is at your own risk. EdTheory does not guarantee that documents posted by users will result in candidates being hired or positions being filled.
Collection of Information
- Purpose. Users can access certain features of the EdTheory site without disclosing Information. Users may be required to register for an account in order to access certain content/portions of the EdTheory site.
- Information Sought During Registration. The EdTheory site may ask you to enter, or may collect in other ways, Information including without limitation your name, phone number, e-mail address, geographic location, age or age range, other demographic (personal) information/data, and browser history (Internet sites visited).
- Storage and Transfer of Personally Identifiable Information. EdTheory may store and process Information in the United States of America or any other country in which EdTheory or its affiliates, subsidiaries, or agents—domestic or foreign—maintain facilities. By using the EdTheory site, you consent to any such transfer of Information outside of the country where you reside, where you are a citizen, and/or where you access the EdTheory site.
Use and Sharing of Information
- EdTheory sometimes engages other persons/companies to provide services on EdTheory behalf, such as sending newsletters, providing customer service, and performing statistical analysis of EdTheory services. EdTheory will generally provide those entities only such Information as is needed to provide EdTheory with such services, and EdTheory will generally prohibit such entities from using such Information for other purposes, but in certain instances may do so if commercially reasonable.
- EdTheory also reserves the right to disclose Information, without notice, if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) comply with the requirements of law, the orders of a courts or agencies, and/or other legal process; (b) protect the rights or property of EdTheory or others; and/or (c) protect the personal safety of users any of the EdTheory site or other persons.
- The EdTheory site sometimes provide hyper-links to third party sites. EdTheory encourages you to review the privacy statements of web sites you choose to visit via hyper-links on the EdTheory site so that you can understand how those web sites collect, use and share Information. EdTheory Inc. is not responsible for the content, privacy policies, acts or omissions of third-party web sites and their owners/administrators.
- The EdTheory site sometimes provide links to send e-mail messages to EdTheory site administrators for your convenience, in which case your e-mail address may be used to reply to your inquiry or for other business purposes. For example, EdTheory may track the pages on the EdTheory site that you visit in part to determine which areas of the site are the most popular or of interest to you. This Information may be used to deliver customized content and advertising when behavior indicates an interested in a particular subject area, or for other commercially reasonable business purposes.
Information from Other Sources
EdTheory sometimes supplements the Information it receives with Information from other sources. Such outside Information includes such things as: (a) updated delivery and address information, including from carriers or other third parties, which Information enables EdTheory to correct its records and deliver services or purchases, or future communication, more easily; (b) account Information; (c) purchase or redemption Information; (d) page-view Information, including from some merchants with whom EdTheory operates co-branded businesses or for which EdTheory provides technical, fulfillment, advertising, or other services; (e) search term and search result Information from searches that may have been conducted through Internet search engines/features; (f) search results and links, including paid listings (such as Sponsored Links from Google); and (g) credit history Information from credit bureaus, which we may use to help prevent and detect fraud and to offer certain credit or financial services or other commercially reasonable business purposes.
The EdTheory Inc. site may require you to use a password selected by you. Passwords shall not be shared and must be kept confidential. You are responsible for all activities that occur through the use of your password, including unauthorized use, and for promptly notifying EdTheory of any unauthorized use and any other breach of security with respect to the EdTheory site. EdTheory in its sole and absolute discretion, may at any time terminate or otherwise restrict access to and use of the EdTheory site, including without limitation if EdTheory should suspect unauthorized use of a password or any other breach of security. If you share a computer with anyone, you should always log out of the website before leaving it to prevent access to your information from subsequent users of that computer.
- Cookies are used for convenience and to save you time when you again visit the EdTheory site. The purpose of cookies is to tell the web server that you have returned to a specific page, so that, for example, when you visit the page again your experience can be personalized. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but give you the ability to change settings to decline cookies. Accepting cookies may permit you to be logged on the site automatically, and if you decline cookies, you may not be able to sign on automatically or experience the interactive features of the site or other sites you visit, and you may experience technical problems receiving current information from such sites if cookies are disabled.
- EdTheory currently uses AdWords remarketing to market our sites across the web. EdTheory places a cookie on your computer via the browser and third party software accesses these cookies and may serve an ad to you through your browser for a third party site. You may opt out of this ad service on Google’s opt out page.
If you are under 18, you must have your parent or legal guardian access and use the EdTheory site for you.